So yesterday, I decided that I needed to treat myself. Yes, that’s right. Ladies and gentlemen, I’ve finally fulfilled one of my most difficult New Year’s Resolutions: indulge yourself without looking at the price tag all thanks to the wonderful artist at Sephora who took the time to show me all these fancy tricks–Thank you, Steven!!
Steven (or Stephen, because I have no idea how he spells it) graciously showed me–during the extremely busy afternoon at this particular Sephora location–how to apply a facial serum (Caudalie‘s Vinoperfect), a pore-perfecting primer (Urban Decay), my foundation of choice (Cover FX in N Medium Deep) and the matching Cover FX concealer and then, to top it all off, he even showed me how to use tarte’s finishing powder AND how to fill in my eyebrows with Anastasia’s Brow Wiz and setting gel! Steven (or Stephen) was great and so patient with me! He even took the time to do one half of my face first and then let me watch him with a mirror as he did the second half of my face so that I could watch the technique that he used!
These are some of Steve’s Tips and Tricks:
- Let your product(s)–everything from your facial serums to your foundation–warm up on your hand before applying them to your face with the brush! It makes for a more natural blending and finish!
- Skin prep is where the magic starts – if you want a beautiful finish, you’ve got to have a beautiful canvas to work with! Don’t skimp on the preparation portion of your routine!
- Use the appropriate tools–a foundation brush and concealer brush should have the same features, flat and rounded, but the concealer brush should be smaller! Keep one side clean and one side with more product so you can control the amounts you use on your face!
- Apply the product with your brush and then work it in with your hands – don’t be afraid to get dirty! It allows the product to “sink deeper” and get into those crevices that brushes often miss!
- Have fun! Be comfortable with your own style, enhance your beauty, and once in a while, don’t be afraid to add some color to face and life!
After my time at Sephora, I obviously had to take myself to Lush for some fantastic skincare to go along with my fancy makeup. I ended up coming home with a brand new toner, Eau Roma Water and a new mask, Mask of Magnaminty. Since yesterday, I’ve used both of these items twice and I have to say, so far, I’m loving both the toner and the mask. My skin feels refreshed and rejuvenated.
Reviews on each of the products from Sephora are coming soon, but I’m going to tell you right now that I’m sitting at my computer, brows done with my Anastasia Brow Wiz and smiling thanks to a beautiful, wonderful yesterday and an even brighter day.
Indulge yourself and happy adventuring!