It was so much fun! Each of us was provided with a small plastic tray and a mirror and we each had products that were matched to our individual needs. Many of those in attendance were people like myself, always on-the-go, in need of a quick way to do some makeup in the morning or a simple way to touch-up throughout the day or were looking for some new products to kickstart the summer. Our MK Independent Beauty Consultant (whose details I’ll provide below if you want your own facial and are in the NJ/NY area), Raven, was awesome enough to take us through an entire skincare regimen, beginning with cleansing and applying a flawless base to the finishing touches of eye and lip color. The greatest part about Mary Kay is that the line has so much to offer, there is something for everyone—there was even something for my one guy friend who came to the party!
Some of the products I fell in love with were:
- Timewise 3-in-1 Facial Cleanser (combination/oily): I love to use this when I’m feeling too lazy to take off my makeup at the end of a long night after an event or a crazy night out. It literally removes everything from the face in one fell swoop and provides you with a nice, gentle exfoliating that can b rushed even every day. I usually follow up with a nice rinse and my acne treatment.
- MK Eye Makeup Remover: Amazing. Seriously. I gave this a shot during my first individual facial and absolutely became obsessed with it. One of my free gifts was a small travel size and I am not even lying when I tell you that it was gone in less than two weeks because I used it every single time I needed to get rid of some eye makeup. It melts off waterproof makeup flawlessly and doesn’t irritate my skin or my eye area. It’s super gentle and every girl should have this bad boy on her vanity.
- MK CC Cream (light to medium): I’m not even going to tell you how many times I’ve been to Sephora in the last few months to try and find some light coverage for the summer which wasn’t going to take me forever to apply. I tried Benefit’s BB, Tarte’s BB, Dr. Jart’s BB and even Laura Mercier’s tinted moisturizer, and the closest that I came to success with the tinted moisturizer by Laura Mercier. Enter Mary Kay’s CC Cream. What a dreamboat. Great coverage, super easy application and the packaging is absolutely adorable, plus it feels like nothing is on your face and you look fabulous. Wins all around.
- MK Foundation Primer: This stuff is pretty great when it comes to primer. It’s got kind of a silicone feel to it, but I enjoy it because it goes on clear and makes a flawless base for your foundation or CC cream and is even nice enough to wear alone! Comes in a generously sized squeeze tube and is perfect for traveling.
- MK Concealer (yellow): I’m going to be honest and tell you right now that I absolutely did not believe Raven when she said this this was going to mask my dark circles. It’s literally yellow and extremely pigmented and I looked crazy when I put it on. After adding the CC cream and blending everything out, I was blown away by the finished product. Don’t knock it ’til you try it.
- MK Satin Lips Set: This. For $18 USD, you get a wonderful exfoliating lip mask that buffs away any dead skin and leaves your lips feeling soft and plump and then as an added bonus, the a Satin Lip Balm is to die for. At first, you’re thinking that it looks so plan and why get so excited over nothing, but wow. I use it on a regular basis and it is so hydrating and refreshing. It’ll be great for all of you back in the States (or other countries with cold weather) during the winter months!
So I encourage all of you to give this a shot! Find a beauty consultant in your area. Make a new friend. Invite your friends to try some great products me come back to tell me about it tall! Happy Adventuring! I promise more in depth reviews as the products are used more and more!
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant: Raven Santana